Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question regarding auctions.fox.com We're happy to help. We can only answer questions directly related to Fox Auctions. To find a quick answer to your question, read through our FAQs below.
- I am new to Auctions.Fox.com, where do I start?
- Everyone is invited to browse or search through our auction categories and listings for items up for auction. If you see something you would like to bid on, you must first register. Official registration takes place on the homepage of Auctions.Fox.com.
- Why do I need to register with Auctions.Fox.com?
- By registering with Fox Auction you are letting other members know that you will participate in an honest and professional manner. You must provide us with valid contact information so that we may contact you regarding your Fox Auction purchase(s).
- How do I register?
- It takes just a few minutes to register. To complete the registration process, you will need to provide information such as your username, full name, address, and email address. Once you register with Fox Auction you will be eligible to start bidding on items.
- What does it cost to register?
- Registration is free and no credit cards are necessary unless a bid is placed. Once you have submitted your registration, you will receive a confirmation email message from Fox Auction and you will have instant access to view all products. After registration, you are not obligated to buy anything on Fox Auction. However, if you do see something you would like to bid on, you can do so quickly as a registered user.
- What do I do if I have forgotten my username and/or password?
- If you have registered before but do not remember your username and/or password, please go to the Login page and click “Forgot Password?”. Enter the email address associated with the account, and we will send you further instructions on how to reset your password.
- Can I update my registration information?
- Yes, you can update your account information at any time. Fox Auction members are expected to maintain valid accounts by keeping their contact information up-to-date. Please review your contact information within My Account > Update User Info.
- What is my ‘Watch List’?
- You can use the Fox Auction Watch List feature to keep track of items you are not ready to bid on, but want to monitor closely so you can bid on them when you are ready. On each auction listing page there is a link titled 'Add to Watch List'. Click on that link to add an item of interest to your list.
- How do I bid on an item?
- Review the item information on the listing page for the item that interests you. Once you are ready, enter your bid amount and hit 'Bid Now'. We accept bids submitted via our website, whether accessed via a computer or through a wireless device on the mobile version of our site. You will need to be registered with Fox Auction to bid.
- What is a Maximum Bid/Automatic Bidding?
- This system offers a convenient bidding system, so you don't have to continuously login to re-bid. When you place your maximum bid, you enter the highest price you are willing to pay for an item. Your maximum bid is kept confidential until it is exceeded by another bidder.
The automatic bidding system will place bids on your behalf at the bid increment amount above the current high bid. The system will bid by the increment to ensure you remain the highest bidder or to meet the reserve price (if applicable), up to your maximum bid amount that was previously entered.
If and only if duplicate maximum bids are entered, the customer who entered the maximum bid first will get priority and will be the winning bidder.
If another bidder places a higher maximum bid, you will be emailed to login and place another bid.
1. The current bid for an item is $100 with a $10 increment. 2. Customer A enters a max bid of $200; Customer A is now winning at $110
3. Customer B enters a max bid of $150
4. System will now bid $160 (next bid increment) on Customer A’s behalf to ensure Customer A is still winning
5. Customer B re-enters a max bid of $200
6. Customer A is now winning the auction at $200 because he was the first to enter a max bid of $200
- Can I increase my maximum bid after I have placed a bid?
- Yes, if your maximum bid amount has been outbid, you can either place another maximum amount or enter each subsequent bid one at a time. Please note that you can only increase a subsequent maximum or incremental bid. To increase your current bid amount, simply return to the listing, enter, and submit a new higher maximum bid amount (this amount is the most you are willing to pay for the item).
- Can I retract a confirmed bid?
- Yes, but your confirmed bid can only be retracted under special circumstances. Please contact Fox Auction directly should you choose to submit a formal request to retract a bid.
- Where can I monitor my bidding activity?
- You can monitor all your bidding activity from within My Account > Bid Status.
- How will I know if my bid is no longer the winning bid?
- We will send you an email when your bid is no longer winning. However, there can be unpredictable delays in email transmission. We suggest that you regularly visit Fox Auction to check your bid status.
- What is Auto Bid Extend?
- The Auto Bid Extend feature ensures that bidders will always have a chance to challenge bids placed in the final seconds of an auction. When indicated on a listing page, if a bid is placed during the last 5 minutes of an auction, the auction will automatically extend for an additional 5 minutes from the time of the latest bid. The auction will close once all bidding activity has stopped for a period of 5 minutes.
- Why does it appear that I am having to place multiple bids in order for my bid to be accepted?
- This is because a bidder has placed a Proxy Bid (a higher maximum bid), which is an amount higher than the bid increment. This is the maximum value that a bidder is prepared to pay in order to win this auction. You can place a proxy bid of your own in order to try to outbid the current proxy bid, or you may choose to continue bidding in the increments indicated until your bid is accepted.
- I appear to have been overbid by an amount smaller than the bid increment. How has this occurred?
- The other bidder had placed a proxy bid. In some cases, it's possible that another bidder's standing maximum bid is greater than yours, but by less than the bid increment. In this case, the other bidder will be winning at exactly their maximum bid.
- What is Real Time Bid Refresh?
- The Real Time Bid Refresh feature is in place in order to deliver the best possible online auction experience by presenting the most up-to-date auction information, including Auction Time Remaining, Bid Count, and Current Bid Amount. When a new bid is placed or an auction goes into Bid Extend, the most recent auction information will automatically be presented on the screen without the need to manually refresh the current browser page.
- Why did Real Time Bid Refresh automatically deactivate?
- Real Time Bid Refresh is set to automatically deactivate after 12 minutes of inactivity on a page that presents auction data such as Auction Time Remaining, Bid Count, and Current Bid Amount. This is to ensure that, in case an active browser session is forgotten and left open, users do not have fresh data constantly feeding into their active browser session and unnecessarily using up network data. When presented with the message "Real Time Bid Refresh is no longer active on the site", users can choose to click the "Reactivate" button, which will cause the system to resume pushing up-to-date auction data into the active browser session, or users can click "Cancel", which will prevent Real Time Bid Refresh from reactivating on the current page. Note: if a user chooses to click "Cancel" when presented with this message, they will NOT be shown the most up-to-date auction data, or any new bid activity placed on the listing by other customers. However, manually refreshing the browser window OR clicking through to a new auction page will cause Real Time Bid Refresh to reactivate automatically.
- How will I know if I win?
- We will notify you by email if you win, although you are responsible for determining if you have won by visiting the site and checking the status of your bid in the My Account section. The email will contain instructions on next steps.
- How do I pay for a winning auction?
- All winning bid payments will be captured and processed through our secure payment centers using the credit card entered during the bidding process. If the payment fails, you will be notified by email with next steps to complete payment.
- When will I be charged for my order?
- When the auction closes an order will be generated for the winning bidder. It is at this time that payment is taken on the registered credit card on file.
- How do I find out if an auction has ended?
- You can locate an auction in which you have participated from within My Account > Bid Status.
- What is ‘Buy Now’?
- 'Buy Now' is an alternative listing type offered by Fox Auction which offers a product at a set price that is available for purchase in real time.
- How does ‘Buy Now’ work?
- To purchase a 'Buy Now' product, locate the desired item and click on the 'Buy Now' link if available. Auction items containing only a 'Buy Now' link are available for a customer to perform the 'Buy Now' function. Select the amount of units of the product that are to be purchased (if more than one is available), then confirm shipping information to complete the purchase.
- How is ‘Buy Now’ different from an auction?
- The 'Buy Now' feature is different from participating in an auction in that instead of bidding against other customers and waiting for the auction period to end, a customer may purchase the item immediately at the set price. There may be multiple units of the item available for sale all at the same price, so multiple customers may buy the same item at the same cost, or a single customer may purchase greater quantities of the same product if desired.
- What does ‘Sold Out’ mean?
- The term 'Sold Out' only applies to 'Buy Now' items. This indicates that the item was once offered as a 'Buy Now' listing but all available units have been purchased and therefore the product is no longer available for purchase.
- Can I send my order to a P.O. Box address?
- We cannot deliver to P.O. Box addresses except military addresses (APO/FPO).
- Once I’ve won the auction, how long does it take for my order to ship?
- All orders are shipped within three business days, and will ship ground. Some orders may require a direct or indirect signature. You will receive an e-mail with a tracking number the morning after your package ships.
- What qualifies as a "business day?"
- Our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding US holidays. Shipments are not delivered on Saturday or Sunday.
- What shipping carrier will deliver my order?
- We use several shipping providers; USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL. All orders will ship ground, and some orders may require a direct or indirect signature. We cannot determine at the time of your purchase what carrier will be used, so we strongly recommend you use a shipping address that can receive both USPS and UPS/FedEx deliveries.
- Can I cancel or make changes to the item(s) in my order?
- Once an auction has been won, we cannot make any changes or cancel an order.
- How secure is my order?
- We use the latest SSL encryption methods ensuring that your credit card information is transmitted to us in a safe and secure manner.
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Money orders, personal checks or company checks are NOT accepted.
- When will I be charged for my order?
- You are charged when the auction has ended and you have won with the maximum bid.
- Can I return my order?
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Auction items are sold as is, and there are no refunds or exchanges.
About My Bid
About My Order
If we still haven't answered your auctions.fox.com question here, please contact us and we'll reply as quickly as possible.